Thursday, March 1, 2007

Introduction

I would like to keep journal reading habit more regular. And I think keeping a blog about it would make it so. I have been reading a few articles everyday for a while now. But being the first day of March, I thought it would be a good time to start logging/archiving it more systematically.

Also, keeping a blog of what I read each day with links to the original articles, plus brief description of what each article is about, will also help me remember what I have read better. If the memory does not serve me well, I would still have an archive of all the read articles on this blog that I can always come back to to remind myself.

Over time, I also plan to add in graphics of the chemistry involved. I intend to include interesting articles (in my opinion) both from methodology and total synthesis papers, with more emphasis given to the latter.


After you read any of the post and you are interested in any topic in particular, you are encouraged to follow the link in each post to the actual article and read that article in more details yourself. My summaries, by no means, represent every detail in the papers. They only represent what I could gather from the papers the way I understood them, and what I saw as important (schemes, figures, charts, tables, and equations) in presenting the materials.

No comments: